Breathe Logic® Dilation Surgery for Sleep Apnea & Snoring
What is Breathe Logic®?
Breathe Logic® is a minimally-invasive sleep apnea and snoring procedure that opens blocked sinus cavities and relieves the pain and pressure associated with chronic sinusitis (inflammation of the sinus lining). This in-office procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes and can be performed using local anesthesia.
Why is Breathe Logic® performed?
Breathe Logic® is performed by ear, nose, and throat specialist, Dr. C. Phillip Amoils, at Sinus Center LA located in Pacific Palisades to treat:
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Sinus-related snoring
- Sinus-related sleep apnea
What does Breathe Logic® involve?
During the procedure, Dr. Amoils opens the blocked sinus cavities using the following steps:
- Guide a wire catheter and a small, flexible balloon into the inflamed sinus
- Slowly inflate the balloon to expand the sinus opening
- Spray saline into the affected area to flush out trapped mucus and pus
- Remove the system, leaving the nasal passage open and restoring normal sinus drainage
The Breathe Logic® procedure does not use any cutting and preserves the original anatomy and mucosal tissue making recovery time minimal. Patients can expect to return to normal activities shortly after the procedure.
What are the benefits of Breathe Logic®?
Benefits of undergoing balloon sinuplasty surgery include:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Local anesthetic used to manage discomfort
- Safe, gentle and highly effective
- Continued relief from nasal airway obstruction
- No bone or tissue removed, in contrast with traditional sinus surgery
- Fast and easy recovery
- Performed in a single office visit
- Many can resume normal diet and activity the same day
- Most patients report improvement in symptoms
- Patients often report improved quality of life
If you are suffering from sinus-related health problems, such as sleep apnea, and believe you may benefit from Breathe Logic®, the first step is to consult with a sleep health expert. Ear, nose, and throat specialist, C. Phillip Amoils, M.D at Sinus Center LA in Pacific Palisades has extensive experience in treating sleep apnea with minimally invasive procedures. Fill out this form to schedule an appointment or to learn more about Sinus Center LA’s treatment options.